Education (Cultivate & Discover)
“Keep exploring. Keep dreaming. Keep asking why. Don’t settle for what you already know. Never stop believing in the power of your ideas, your imagination, and your hard work to change the world…… Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
Committed to Life Time Learning!
For 13 years, Shannon has had the privilege of offering in person, on campus, and online learning to both traditional, and non-traditional, adult students.
During this time Shannon has served as a guest lector for the University of Wisconsin Madison’s, Psychology Department & Edgewood College’s Marriage & Family Therapy Graduate Department.
Since 2015, Shannon has been an adjunct faculty member of the University of Wisconsin Whitewater, Counselor Education Graduate Department, as well as Advocate Aurora’s Family Therapy Training Institute.
In 2023, Shannon joined Carroll University’s Behavioral Health Psych graduate programs, adjunct faculty.
Higher education courses instructed include the following:
- Psychology of Intimate Relationships
- Psychology of Couple Relationships
- Introduction to Marriage, Couples & Family Counseling(course development & design)
- Advanced Marriage, Couple & Family Counseling(course development & design)
- Practices of Marriage/Partnership & Family Counseling
- Family and Partner Counseling and Psychotherapy(course development & design)
- Introduction to Marriage & Family Therapy
- Marriage & Family Therapy: Integrating Theory & Intervention
- Marriage & Family Therapy: Couples Therapy(course development & design)
- Advanced Marital and Couple Therapy
- Marriage & Family Therapy: Use of Self in Therapy(course development & design)
- Assessment & Treatment of Abusive Behaviors in the Family
- Professional Practices: Ethics and Consultation
- Clinical Internship II
In addition, Guided Systemic Health Services, LLC (formerly Guided Behavioral Health Services, LLC) provides continuing education, & customized, skill based trainings, across professional industries. The following seminars are available both as workshops, and products for purchase:
- Compassion Fatigue & the Well Being of Careproviders
- From Depletion to Resilience: A Guide for Thriving Careproviders
- Sociocultural Attunement: Increasing Organizational Equity
- Building & Maintaining a Sustainable Private Practice
- Integrating Telehealth as a Primary Modality within Clinical Practice
- The Person of the Therapist Training Model: Use of Self in Therapy
- The Person of the Therapist in Clinical Supervision
- Clinical Supervision with Integrity
- Prepare Enrich Facilitator Certification Training
- Relational Conflict & Intimacy: Cultivating a Stance of Humility
- Working with Couples & Families amidst a Pandemic
- Treating Personality Disorders with the Couple
- Couples & Affairs: Managing the Clinical Challenges
- Dynamics of Divorce & working with Blended Families
- Parent Wellness: Nurturing Caregivers
- Caring for Postpartum Mothers in Counseling
- Working with Challenging Behaviors & Burn Out
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Helping Clients Forgive: Resolving Anger & Restoring Hope
- Integrating Spirituality in Clinical Practice
All Trainings Customized in Length, Cost, and Focus, in order to Meet the Needs of Your Community!