I love to explore, learn, and help others. These characteristics motivate me to find the best ways to support you and help you become a better, happier, more fulfilled you. I decided to enter the counseling profession after decades of personal life experience and self-discovery, resulting in considerable transformation and change. This is the same hope I have for you!
I combine my humor and straight forward approach in a safe and encouraging environment, so that you can explore current life challenges, past experiences, along with your thoughts, beliefs…and yes, feelings! Also, you will discover ways to connect better with others. Truly, I believe this process can lead to great opportunities for change! For me personally, there is no greater joy than seeing people heal, change and grow.
“EVERY PERSON IS CAPABLE OF CHANGE”
For the past nine years, I have been working with individuals and couples in a non-clinical setting. As a Marriage and Family Therapist, whether helping an individual, couple or family, I address challenges by looking at how a person’s individual behaviors can be impacted by their family’s functioning and interactions and vice versa. I will use this same approach and look at your individual problem or issue within the framework of your family’s dynamics.
Focusing on a person’s potential, unique skills, abilities, and internal hope are important aspects of embracing change. I will help you explore these aspects, along with new skills, and develop a plan to keep you moving forward. My style is to not sit back, simply listen, and respond with “So it sounds like you feel….”. Rather, my goal is that you not only “feel better” but leave the office with actionable ways to achieve both short and long term goals and to maintain your progress for the long run.
I welcome the opportunity to join with you in the process to explore, connect and change.
My therapy styles include, but are not limited to:
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Structural Family Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Christian, at client’s request
I work under the clinical supervision of Shannon L. Doherty, MS LMFT & AAMFT Approved Supervisor (Lic. No. 918-124) as I complete my training into candidacy for full licensure.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Arts, Marriage and Family Therapy – Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
- Certification in Family and Divorce Mediation – DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Certification in Divorce Coaching – Emerge Victorious, Charlotte, NC
- Certification Prepare/Enrich – Facilitator and Trainer
- Certification SYMBIS – Pre-marriage Assessment Facilitator
- Neurodiverse Couples Therapy – Level 1
- AAMFT – American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- WAMFT – Wisconsin Association of Marriage and Family Therapy